Writing, book marketing and getting the word out about a small business can be a daunting prospect for anyone.
It is difficult to find the balance – and time – between promoting your business and focussing on what your business needs. That’s where I come in.
Who is Social Kate UK? I was awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications and I have also studied journalism. I have 15 years’ worth of PR experience, which I have picked up in various roles. My core is making your social media shine for you whether you manage it or I do.
Before my public relations career took shape, I used to work in a bookshop, which was a very happy time, as I was surrounded by my passion. I am also a freelance writer and a ghostwriter, which includes writing SEO articles and corporate documentary scripts.
Past and current clients include self-published authors, boutiques for women, women entrepreneurs, online clothing stores and local cafes.
I’m not sure I’m going to need you? Think about this. What is the most important thing for you and your business? Time? Value? Professionalism? Reaching out to your customers in a timely manner? Choose from any of my services or feel free to read the assortment of articles I have put together to assist you under the “Resources (link coming soon)” tab.
I don’t have the budget for you? Message me HERE and we’ll talk.
Fun facts about me, Social Kate UK:
- As my Instagram feed will tell you, I love cats. We have two at home and at least 6 rescues around the neighbourhood.
- My actual name is Christine, I’m called Kate because a niece of mine could never pronounce Christine when she started to talk. It started as a joke and then it just stuck.
- My husband and I have been together for 8 years. In the words of Jack Benny, “My wife, Mary, and I have been married for forty-seven years, and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never.”
- My passion? Books. Always has been. Always will be. Not too much romance, but a good mystery, thriller or anything Jeffrey Archer has me hooked.
- I love horror movies especially anything by James Wan. I’m not easily scared but some scenes in The Conjuring crept the bejesus out of me.
- My favourite social media platform is Twitter, Instagram is a close second. It’s easy to engage and meet new people.
- Driving is not my favourite activity. Like signal already or put the phone away. I do love bikes.
- My favourite meal? Australian meat pies. Nothing in this world can fix a broken heart like an Australian meat pie can.
- I have lived in more than 8 different countries which leaves me with only a slight British accent.
- After a long-drawn argument with a chronic strand of pneumonia in 2016, I can’t fly so good job I got to travel earlier on.